Podcast and YouTube Celebrity Interview Show - Mostly Remote Internship
If you dream of a hands-on job in entertainment, this may be the opportunity for you! At Really Famous with Kara Mayer Robinson, we produce a multi-platform celebrity-interview show featuring deep-dive interviews with TV and film actors and celebrities. You'll be involved in many aspects of the process, from attending tapings to editing and promoting episodes.
The position is mostly remote. If you're based in the New York metro area, you may also attend tapings in New York City approximately 1-2 times per month. Most tapings are in midtown Manhattan. If you're based in the Los Angeles, you may have the opportunity to attend occasional tapings in LA.
You'll spend about 15-20 hours per week working on the show.
We'll catch up once a week on a brief phone call to talk about the show, your work, what you'd like to learn, etc.
This is a fun, variety-filled internship where you'll get a close-up, behind-the-scenes look at entertainment while learning in a hands-on, creative environment.
You may do things like:
- attend in-person celebrity interview tapings
- help with setup, cameras, behind-the-scenes photos, etc.
- film video clips and promos
- learn how we book celebrities
- learn how to prepare for an interview
- learn how to conduct powerful, engaging interviews
- edit videos and audio with programs like Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition
- edit photos and create episode and marketing materials on Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects, etc.
- create marketing materials and update branded channels like Mailchimp, Squarespace and IMDb
- plan and create fun, engaging, meaningful, well-branded social media postings
- learn about and get involved with sponsorships and collaborations
- analyze metrics and upload videos to YouTube, along with endscreens, cards and graphics
- learn the ins and outs of producing a podcast
- create exciting news clips and bits to share with the media
- other things involved in our YouTube channel and podcast
You'll learn a wide range of highly-valued skills and experience with:
- producing a YouTube series
- analyzing and marketing a YouTube channel
- producing a podcast
- promoting a podcast
- video editing
- audio editing
- hands-on social media strategy
- podcast and YouTube operations
- booking celebrity interviews
- producing celebrity interviews
- branding and marketing
We're looking for enthusiastic, proactive, creative people who aren't afraid to try new things, jump in where needed, share new ideas and listen to and learn from feedback. In your cover letter, don't be afraid to show your personality. (We love personality.) We're looking for people who are very responsible and always deliver. If you're a responsible person who always shows up on time, knows how to plan your days, meets your deadlines, and loves to go above and beyond what you're asked to do, we'd love to hear from you.