Financial Representative Internship Summer 2023
What is the role and what will be my responsibilities?
- As a Financial Representative Intern, you will be given the opportunity to run your own financial-advising practice, with the help of experienced advisors.
- Through strategic business networking, you will build an extensive professional network and build your own clientele.
- Introduce individuals, families, and businesses, to Northwestern Mutual's unique planning process to create customized financial plans designed to bring long-term financial security to your clients
- Obtain the required financial licenses with provided study courses and exams paid for by the internship.
How will I be provided guidance and support?
- The program and its directors will provide formal training prior to the official start of the internship. Training and support will also be provided throughout the program by seasoned financial advisors including weekly development workshops
- Prior to the internship start date, all accepted applicants will be granted access to the study materials to prepare them to pass their Life, Accident, and Health (17-55) Exam to allow them to discuss risk management products by the time the internship begins.
- Interns will be taught professional networking, wealth management strategies, how to interact with clients, and sales skills
- We will work together to create a flexible work schedule around your classes and daily activities (sports, clubs, etc.) that will allow you, as an intern, to balance both school and this program
Why Northwestern Mutual?
- Northwestern Mutual is 1 of the largest financial services companies in the country with a strong reputation including, AAA financial strength rating, $244 billion in Wealth Management, and #1 provider of Life Insurance
- Northwestern Mutual's unique planning process backed by our quality and quantity of products/services allows us to deliver comprehensive financial plans
- Gain hands-on client-facing experience in the financial industry
- As a Financial Representative in our Paramus Branch, you will have the opportunity to join a young and rapidly growing firm that leads to a multitude of career opportunities post-graduation
- Our business model and culture allows for athletes, naturally competitive, and high-performing individuals to thrive and succeed in growing their business
- $100 weekly stipend
- Bonuses available
- Commission based on product sales (unlimited earning capacity)
Important Talking Points:
- Relationship building
- Impact, income, independence/interdependence
- Internship mirrors full-time advisor role
- Opportunities to be sponsored for your SIE, Series 6, and Series 63 exam
- Year-round program
- Junior and Senior part/full-time students
- Our office is located in Paramus, New Jersey. Interns are expected to be in person.
Fall 2022 Internship Dates (total of 10 weeks):
- October 7th - December 16th
- October 7th, 14th, and 21st
- Northwestern Mutual sponsors and pays for interns to pass their Life, Accident, and Health (17-55) Exam and receive their Life, Accident, and Health Insurance license before training begins. Northwestern Mutual signs students up for the study course.